Inject a little humour.
Let's face it, some of us get 100s of emails each day, so one that makes you smile will be remembered.
Cold emails are a definite no-no, can get you in trouble and are a complete waste of time. Don't do it!
Make it easy.
If you are trying to book an appointment, include a link to you calendar to save to-ing and fro-ing!
Don't use RE: in the subject line.
It's likely to get you deleted pretty quick. Fwd can sometimes work as people think you are forwarding them something that could interest them. Don't overuse it.
Check your grammar and spelling.
Download Grammarly and make sure your spellchecker is turned on.
Make it easy to read.
Use a professional font and stay away from fonts like Comic Sans - it just looks childish.
Be careful of the !!!
Whilst an occasional ! is good for emphasis, it's way overused. Use good language to get your point across rather than ending every sentence with !!
Make it worth reading!
"Just checking in" emails rarely get a response. Add value, send them something that will interest them. "Saw this and thought of you" works pretty well. Rhyme zone is a great resource to help with your writing.
Don't flag your message as High Priority.
Whilst their decision may be pretty important in your world, it's probably not in theirs.
Use video clips or audio messages attached to your email as a different way of communicating.
Have a great signature.
Customer testimonial, website, call to action. See Tip 144
Use multiple methods of communicating.
Remember that words only account for 7% of your message when it comes to communicating. The other 93% comes from body language and tone of voice, which is lost in email. Pick up the phone and call them. That's the fastest way to build a relationship.
Improving your email conversions ...
Ridiculously cheap business support for small & micro businesses!
JOIN ONE OF OUR ONLINE MONTHLY SMALL BUSINESS GROWTH GROUPS FOR JUST £20 AND SUPPORT CHILDREN'S MENTAL HEALTH AT THE SAME TIME!
Business coach, author, speaker, social entrepreneur, and chief pot and bottle washer!