🤔 Who has heard the phrase... “Sales are the lifeblood of any business?”
Yes, that statement is true but the strength of any business comes from building genuine, win-win relationships. People just don't want to feel like they are being sold to anymore.
I find it interesting that the majority of business owners and entrepreneurs I meet have either never received ANY type of sales training or are still rolling out their 80's sales techniques!
📚 Most have never even attempted to learn how to increase their sales conversion rate through reading a book or watching a video. Many salespeople are unaware of their conversion rates!
One of the key areas I coach business owners in is sales skills. And by sales I mean - professionally helping the prospects to buy what they need, want and can afford. Sales conversion rates after sales training have been known to triple as a result!!
Here are the top 25 sales blunders. Have a read through to make sure you are not doing any of them!
1. Lack of a sales process.
2. Arriving late to meetings or phone calls (or missing them completely).
3. Forgetting their name.
4. Poor communication skills.
5. No understanding of DISC profiling.
6. Don't show a genuine interest in the prospect and their business.
7. A bad attitude or low energy.
8. Making it all about you and not posing enough questions.
9. Dissing your competitors.
10. Trying to sell to soon
11. Talking excessively.
12. Not listening to a prospect.
13. Emphasizing features over advantages.
14. Giving it the hard sell.
15. Lack of preparation for potential objections.
16. Poor closing abilities.
17. Not asking for the sale.
18. Failing to understand their needs or problems.
19. Trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.
20. Poor follow up.
21. Being too pushy.
22. Being reactive rather than proactive. Hoping it will all come to them!
23. Impatience. Some people are just a slow burn! (especially those who are high C on the DISC profile)
24. Taking to long for the 1st contact or to send a quote.
25. Poor quoting process.
What have I missed? What are the worst sales blunders you have experienced or witnessed?
Leave a Reply.
Business coach, Social seller, author, speaker, social entrepreneur, and chief pot and bottle washer!