Interestingly, a LOT of managers and leaders really struggle to praise their team.
This can often depend on their DISC profile (if you are not sure what this is and manage a team - we REALLY need to talk 😊).
D profiles will struggle to praise unless you go way above and beyond their expectations.
I profiles will be over the top and possibly even praise you for arriving to work every day. 😉
S profiles will take giving praise seriously and will probably be pretty good at it.
C profiles probably won’t think to unless your work is perfectly perfect. It’s your job after all.
How good are you at praising?
Let's talk about 'problem' staff...
Passive aggressiveness in particular. Team members that are passive aggressive express their discontent in indirect and subtly hostile ways.
❓ Do you recognize any of the behaviors in any of your team members?
1. Agreeing with a request that they don't really want to do and then deliberately failing to follow through.
2. Giving you the silent treatment or one word answers to show they are annoyed.
3. Saying something derogatory followed by 'I was only joking.'
4. Rallies the troop by stirring up trouble. 'It's not really for me to say but...' (and then says 'it' to everyone.🤦🏼♀️)
5. They give you a backhanded compliment - 'I noticed you stayed late last night, I was really surprised.'
Breaking and creating habits
Who has either a bad habit that you want to break or a good habit that you want to create? Pretty much all of us, I think!
Here are some bad habits you may want to get rid of and some good ones you may need to adopt!
Bad habits that you may want to stop since they are likely to be hindering your success:
-Flitting from one thing to another
Business coach, Social seller, author, speaker, social entrepreneur, and chief pot and bottle washer!