Firstly, what is a mantra and how can they help you in business?
A mantra is a motivating statement that both inspires you and can also focus your mind on what's important. Typically used in meditation - Mantras can also have a profound impact on your happiness & success in business.
If you want a business that will, at some point, work without you, I'd strongly recommend that you adopt the following mantra...
ONLY DO WHAT ONLY I CAN DO!
Say it as often as you can. Write it at the top of your daily action list. Pop it in a post-it note - do whatever it takes to remind you to say it.
If someone else can do it - delegate it or outsource it. Your job as a business leader, regardless of your business size, is to build your business. If you are doing admin type tasks - who is growing your business? Who is working on strategy whilst you are doing the invoicing?
Don't use any of the following excuses...
*I can't afford it - you don't need to employ someone full time! A few hours a week may do.
*It's easier to do it myself - then you will NEVER have a business that works without you. Think like the leader of a business that works without you NOW.
So, what about you? What's your mantra?
Do you think you can give too much value upfront?
This question was asked by a client recently. We were talking about adding value through various marketing & customer service strategies and he asked. "Don't you worry that you are giving too much away?"
Good question, I thought. Is there such a thing as giving away so much information that the prospect no longer needs to buy?
I think not!
Here’s my take on adding value…
• Just knowing about a strategy doesn’t actually mean your prospect will go away & implement it. There is a huge difference between hearing how to do something, to actually taking action & following through on it. A huge, massive, ginormous difference in fact!
• If you are going to add value – tell them some stuff that adds REAL impact to their life, business, mindset or health. That’s what will get people talking about you AND bring you life-long loyal clients.
• Come from a place of abundance. Offer value unconditionally - regardless of whether they are likely to buy from you or not.
• If your prospects thinks the value you have given is all you have to offer them – you need to change how you are positioning yourself! Maybe I can help? 😀
#business #success #value
For me, one of the things I love the most about being a business coach is helping clients to clarify their vision, create their strategy and be integral to them smashing their goals!
Love it! Love it! Love it! ❤️
❓ What do you love about what you do?
I have always struggled with my weight. As a binger, my weight has yo-yoed up & down many times. With each regain came the familiar feelings of despair.
In 2013 I weighed 283lb, had just finished breast cancer treatment & was determined to get healthy.
I lost a total of 110lb. 😀
I started bingeing again. 😒
I gained 50lb. 😒
Yet another failed diet! 😒
1 year ago I learnt food addiction is REAL & that my brain lights up like a xmas tree when I eat certain foods - creating a compulsive urge to binge. I joined a food addiction programme & I’ve just celebrated 1 year without sugar or flour! I’ve lost 130lb.
✔️For the 1st time in my life, I am in control of my eating.
My point? Having the right knowledge & support can make the difference between success & failure, both in business & your health. When we are not successful we can often blame ourselves but mostly, it’s because we haven’t got the right knowledge & support in place.
Finding the right knowledge & support is a game changer!
Are you sure you’re equipped with the right tools, knowledge & support to be successful in business?
PM me for a chat if you’re not 100% sure! 😉
I was chatting to someone on LinkedIn last week and she asked me what my top tips for business success were. This is what I told her...
1) Have a clear long term vision, then plan daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly. Focus on your lead measures - the daily activities that will help you achieve your goals. Make them specific & measurable.
2) Have a strong marketing strategy that you work consistently - regardless of how busy you are.
3) Always focus your marketing on what’s in it for the client.
4) Test and measure everything including cash-flow. Know your KPI’s.
5) Add a ton of value with no expectation of getting anything back.
6) Learn, learn and learn some more! Get a business coach or a mentor (we ALL need one!)
7) Be authentic. Be passionate about what you do.
8) Always aim to leave someone feeling better about themselves than before you met them.
I reckon just doing the above consistently will put you in the top 5% of businesses!
How many of the above are you doing? What would you add?
If you need to work on any of the above, please feel free to book in a free diagnostic session. I'll pop the link in the comments.
#business #businesstips #success #entrepreneurship #entrepreneurs
Business coach, Social seller, author, speaker, social entrepreneur, and chief pot and bottle washer!