• Knows data
• May over use data, over-evaluate
• Needs more enthusiasm
• May have trouble selling products below their
• Well organized
• Good service
• Analysis paralysis
Selling to a D. (dominant)
The D is looking for: RESULTS 🎯
• Touch upon high points of facts and figures
• Do not “over-data”
• Move quickly
• Be brief, to the point
• Satisfy their strong ego
• Allow them to “win” (you win, too)
Selling to a fellow I (influencer).
The I is looking for: THE EXPERIENCE 😍
• Allow them to talk, but keep focus
• Provide minimal product info
• Provide follow up
• Give recognition
• Have fun with them
• “Jump” to close when ready
Selling to a S.
The S (steady) is looking for: SECURITY 💙
• Give them the facts
• Provide the assurances they need
• Be yourself
• Close when you feel you have their trust
• Assure them of the right decision
• Introduce them to managers,
service managers, etc.
• Follow up after the sale
Selling to a fellow C:
The C (conscientious) is looking for: INFORMATION 💬
• Give them the data
• Answer questions with facts
• Do not be too personal
• Be direct and friendly
• Do not touch them
• Give them their space
• Do not fear their skeptical nature
• Follow through on details
• Give information, then close
Understanding DISC can dramatically increase your conversion and client retention rates by helping you to understand how each profile likes to communicate. I've had sales teams triple their conversion rates after a DISC sales workshop!
Give me a shout if you want to know more!
Business coach, Social seller, author, speaker, social entrepreneur, and chief pot and bottle washer!