Otherwise known as your skills gap!
✔ It's critical to be honest with yourself about your skill gaps if you want to lead a successful team or organisation.
So, how do you go about conducting a skills gap analysis?
1. Make a list of the abilities and attributes required for success.
2. Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest.
3. Determine which ones will have the greatest immediate impact. Mark your 'low hanging fruit' with a *.
4. Ask yourself honestly if you are capable of learning this skill. If the answer is no, develop a plan to look into outsourcing options.
5. If the answer is yes, establish a strategy for how you will learn it.
6. Then begin! Get started! Every day, do one thing to close this particular skill gap. Nobody is born knowing how to lead a team, write a blog or understand a P & L.
7. Work your way through your list gradually. Re-score and re-prioritize your goals once a month or once a quarter.
Go ahead and try it... I dare you.
Please let me know if I can assist you!
Leave a Reply.
Business & management coach, mentor, trainer, author, speaker, social entrepreneur, (and chief pot and bottle washer!)