Let’s talk about rapport building!
1. Buzzwords and jargon. Keep it simple and understandable.
2. Insincerity. Be authentic and honest. Always.
3. Too much conversation. Learn to shut up!
4. Not asking enough questions. Remember it's about them not you!
5. Being overly familiar. Be professional until you've earned the right to be familiar.
6. Sounding scripted. Yes, I am all for sales scripts, but they should NEVER sound like a script.
7. Nervousness. Unfortunately, this often translates to sounding incompetent
8. Too much enthusiasm. Yes, your product or services are great, but be careful of too many "awesomes" and "amazings".
9. Not listening. Often, we are too busy thinking about what we are going to say next to focus on what our prospect or client is REALLY saying.
10. No eye contact. Eye contact is really important when building rapport (but not in a staring, creepy way!).
Got it? Good :-)
Anything I’ve missed? Which winds you up the most?
Leave a Reply.
Business coach, Social seller, author, speaker, social entrepreneur, and chief pot and bottle washer!