Start point - cutting up cereal boxes using homemade template ...
1. Surf for options. Marvel at choice of sizes, colours, strengths, shapes, materials. Become minor authority on the unexpectedly rich field of corner protectors.
2. Narrow down shortlist. Check they're shipped from the UK.
3. Measure depth of my standard frame.
4. Try to project manage erratic order book and judge a sensible order quantity and cost per set of 4 corners.
5. Mental note to revisit pricing strategy.
6. Mental note to factor corners into future box-ordering measurements.
7. Compare unit costs as different suppliers have different minimum quantities.
8. Consider ordering samples. Reject that.
9. Look in PayPal and bank account to assess funds available.
10. Make a decision. Order.
11. Realise I'd forgotten to factor shipping and tax into comparisons. Re-decide. Re-order.
12. Resign self to more cereal-box-cutting coz I was too tight to pay for next day delivery.
End point – it was worth the effort; they’re perfect. My spirit smiles every time I’m posting a portrait and reach into the bag for them. And ordering the next batch took 5 minutes ...
Ring any bells?!
You can see Gail's amazing work here
Business coach, Social seller, author, speaker, social entrepreneur, and chief pot and bottle washer!