Firstly, what is a mantra and how can they help you in business?
A mantra is a motivating statement that both inspires you and can also focus your mind on what's important. Typically used in meditation - Mantras can also have a profound impact on your happiness & success in business.
If you want a business that will, at some point, work without you, I'd strongly recommend that you adopt the following mantra...
ONLY DO WHAT ONLY I CAN DO!
Say it as often as you can. Write it at the top of your daily action list. Pop it in a post-it note - do whatever it takes to remind you to say it.
If someone else can do it - delegate it or outsource it. Your job as a business leader, regardless of your business size, is to build your business. If you are doing admin type tasks - who is growing your business? Who is working on strategy whilst you are doing the invoicing?
Don't use any of the following excuses...
*I can't afford it - you don't need to employ someone full time! A few hours a week may do.
*It's easier to do it myself - then you will NEVER have a business that works without you. Think like the leader of a business that works without you NOW.
So, what about you? What's your mantra?
Do you think you can give too much value upfront?
This question was asked by a client recently. We were talking about adding value through various marketing & customer service strategies and he asked. "Don't you worry that you are giving too much away?"
Good question, I thought. Is there such a thing as giving away so much information that the prospect no longer needs to buy?
I think not!
Here’s my take on adding value…
• Just knowing about a strategy doesn’t actually mean your prospect will go away & implement it. There is a huge difference between hearing how to do something, to actually taking action & following through on it. A huge, massive, ginormous difference in fact!
• If you are going to add value – tell them some stuff that adds REAL impact to their life, business, mindset or health. That’s what will get people talking about you AND bring you life-long loyal clients.
• Come from a place of abundance. Offer value unconditionally - regardless of whether they are likely to buy from you or not.
• If your prospects thinks the value you have given is all you have to offer them – you need to change how you are positioning yourself! Maybe I can help? 😀
#business #success #value
For me, one of the things I love the most about being a business coach is helping clients to clarify their vision, create their strategy and be integral to them smashing their goals!
Love it! Love it! Love it! ❤️
❓ What do you love about what you do?
I have always struggled with my weight. As a binger, my weight has yo-yoed up & down many times. With each regain came the familiar feelings of despair.
In 2013 I weighed 283lb, had just finished breast cancer treatment & was determined to get healthy.
I lost a total of 110lb. 😀
I started bingeing again. 😒
I gained 50lb. 😒
Yet another failed diet! 😒
1 year ago I learnt food addiction is REAL & that my brain lights up like a xmas tree when I eat certain foods - creating a compulsive urge to binge. I joined a food addiction programme & I’ve just celebrated 1 year without sugar or flour! I’ve lost 130lb.
✔️For the 1st time in my life, I am in control of my eating.
My point? Having the right knowledge & support can make the difference between success & failure, both in business & your health. When we are not successful we can often blame ourselves but mostly, it’s because we haven’t got the right knowledge & support in place.
Finding the right knowledge & support is a game changer!
Are you sure you’re equipped with the right tools, knowledge & support to be successful in business?
PM me for a chat if you’re not 100% sure! 😉
I was chatting to someone on LinkedIn last week and she asked me what my top tips for business success were. This is what I told her...
1) Have a clear long term vision, then plan daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly. Focus on your lead measures - the daily activities that will help you achieve your goals. Make them specific & measurable.
2) Have a strong marketing strategy that you work consistently - regardless of how busy you are.
3) Always focus your marketing on what’s in it for the client.
4) Test and measure everything including cash-flow. Know your KPI’s.
5) Add a ton of value with no expectation of getting anything back.
6) Learn, learn and learn some more! Get a business coach or a mentor (we ALL need one!)
7) Be authentic. Be passionate about what you do.
8) Always aim to leave someone feeling better about themselves than before you met them.
I reckon just doing the above consistently will put you in the top 5% of businesses!
How many of the above are you doing? What would you add?
If you need to work on any of the above, please feel free to book in a free diagnostic session. I'll pop the link in the comments.
#business #businesstips #success #entrepreneurship #entrepreneurs
It's the SW Rule:
Some people will buy from you. Some won't.
Some people will like you. Some won't.
Some clients will stay with you. Some won't.
That's just the way it is. Some will. Some won't. Getting upset about the ones that won't, (or don't), is a complete waste of time and energy.
Check to see if there is any lessons to be learned. Change or improve your process to stop it happening again if you need to.
Then it's time to say NEXT!
No pity parties allowed.
When I ran my Sales Company many years ago, understanding the SW rule had a MASSIVE impact on my business. It enabled me to step off the emotional roller-coaster that having your own biz can put you on.
Since then, I just do the absolute best I can do. I have fun & if a prospect doesn't want to work with me, then we are not supposed to work together right now. Simple. No pressure. No disappointment.
I am one of the few that absolutely loves the sales process. I love connecting with people & adding value to their businesses, regardless of whether they become a client or not.
Need help with sales? PM me - I'm an expert!
What is your fav sales rule?
#sales #entrepreneurship #business
Many people start their own business because they want freedom.
✔ Freedom to be their own boss.
✔ To set their own hours.
✔ To work with who they want to work with.
✔ To do the things they love & to earn a great income.
How’s that working out for you? 😊
Often the reality is very different.
The reality often looks like this…
🤔 You are working longer hours than when you had a job. 🤔 When you add all the hours you invest into your business, your hourly rate is less than your teams.
🤔 You are often doing things you don’t enjoy.
🤔You finally realize that you don’t own a business – you own another job!
😫How the hell did that happen?
It doesn’t have to be this way! The right knowledge, support and accountability can make ALL the difference.
Most business owners don’t have anyone to hold them accountable. To make sure they do the right things so they can have that freedom. To work less hours, earn more money & to create a business that works without them.
Who holds you accountable?
And what was the No. 1 reason for starting your business? Were you just after a good wage from a job? Or a business that would eventually work without you?
Couple of questions for you…
1. How often do you check that your strategy is actually fit for purpose?
2. Have you ever had someone outside of your business check your strategy over?
Often we are too close to our business to see the’ wood from the trees’.
• Insisting a client got a 1y cashflow in place before he made a big decision saved him from a dire situation.
• Asking a startup 1 question about their target market completely threw their biz plan out of the window!
• Introducing a new PM system- saved a client over 40 hours per week.
• Creating a recruitment system -saved a client over £8k pa.
• A tweak in positioning - increased conversion rates by 69%!
An outside perspective can add huge value to your business.
In the current economy, we just have to be at the top of our game. Admitting that we don’t know it all can be the catalyst for success.
All the greatest sports people in the world have coaches.
Have you ever had an outside perspective on your business?
If you are an established business who is passionate about being the best in their field, I’d be very happy to offer you a free, absolutely no pressure business diagnostic. Drop me a PM.
What have you got to lose?
Having a crystal clear vision of where you are heading, then clarifying the values, strategies & actions that will take you there can be very empowering.
I recently helped a client develop their vision for the next 5 years. We mapped out their Big Picture Strategy with milestones along the way, & clarified their values – what was most important to them, and the strategies we'd need to implement. They are now very clear on what they are looking to achieve.
The difference this has made to the business owner has been amazing. He is more confident, excited about his future & totally re-energised about his business.
He was often offered opportunities which he didn’t know whether to take, but now if they don’t match with his vision and values, it’s an easy no! This doesn't mean he's not willing to adapt & move with the market, but it does make everyday decision making a lot easier.
Please PM if you would like help clarifying your vision. You'll be amazed at the difference it will make to your business!
On a scale of 1-10, how clear is your vision? 10 being - I can see it clearly and 1 being - vision, what vision?
Did you know that having a structured sales process can double your conversion rates?
Well it can! Trust me on this. I've seen it MANY times with my clients.
Firstly, map out each step of your sales process using bullet points, identifying what you do at each stage...
Web leads for service-led businesses
1. 1st contact via email (create a professional template email. Follow up within 24 hours).
2. 1st contact via phone (create a bullet point script. Practice. Build rapport. Preempt common objections. Book appointment).
3. 2nd contact via email (send email confirmation template with relevant info).
4 Call on the day to confirm the appointment (practice script).
5: Sales appointment (clear positioning/setting the scene, map out a structured process, practice your closes, practice objections, practice talking about fees).
6 Follow up within the agreed time (practice your script).
Having a clear, simple sales process will enable you focus on each stage so you can tweak it & improve where necessary. Ask yourself - how can I WOW my prospect at each step?
Want to double your conversions rates? Give me a shout, I'd love to help you!
#sales #business #Bristol
Business coach, Social seller, author, speaker, social entrepreneur, and chief pot and bottle washer!